Review: Forza Audio Works Hybrid IEM Cable
Firstly I would like to thank Mateusz at Forza for sending me this cable to review, I know many people don't believe in cable differences, but I believe there are small differences to be heard between cables, along with durability gains and also ergonomic upgrades.
iPod Classic > InEarz IE-P350 (Forza Hybrid Cable)
Lotoo Paw 5000 > InEarz IE-P350 (Forza Hybrid Cable)
Hybrid Series IEM cable is:
- High purity, 4 strands of 26AWG cryo 7N UPOCC copper + UPOCC silver in semi-Litz geometry and PE insulation (no more green copper oxide on your wire!). Blend of the best materials available for superior sound experience and ergonomics.
- Highly flexible thanks to custom formulated PE insulation, 56 individual strands in 7 groups and semi-Litz geometry. With addition of 4x1 braid it is the most flexible Forza AudioWorks cable.
- L-shaped plugs: no matter if it is for Shure, Westone or your favorite CIEM – the Hybrid Series IEM comes with ergonomic connectors for pure pleasure of use.
- 4x1 braid for EMI reduction without the need of bulky metal screening braid.
- Eye-catching transparent, braided cable design, finished with carbon fiber splitter with Hybrid Series logo. How cool is that?
- Built like a tank, 100% handmade in Poland with meticulous care and proudly covered by 2-year warranty.
- CUSTOMISATION: No matter if it is 1m or 5m, Switchcraft or Viablue, balanced or not, we can do it. Every cable is custom tailored to fit your unique personal needs. If you cannot find a setup for you, just write us email.
- MSRP: €139
Packaging, Build Quality, Ergonomics:
Packaging is the same as the Claire HPC, a small card box full of wood shavings, holds a fabric pouch with the cable inside. A very attractive package, with a warranty card also included. The packaging helps protect the cable during shipping, and gives a premium feel when you open the parcel.
Build quality is flawless like my other cable from them, the braid is very even, the heat shrink very neat and a lovely, low profile carbon fibre y-split. It has a small piece of heat-shrink that acts as a chin slider, which is very handy. My cable has standard 2-pin CIEM connectors, which are angled to make them more comfortable, no memory wire (I find it more comfortable) and a Viablue standard 3.5mm straight jack.
Ergonomics are excellent, it has the right balance between durability and flexibility. I Find it very comfortable to use for daily usage without getting in the way or feeling too heavy. It also coils nicely, and isn't too bulky to fit in a small storage case. I find angled connectors at the CIEM end to be very comfortable, it helps guide the cable behind the ear without uncomfortable memory wire.
This cable does not emit cable noise, at least in my testing it didn't.
In my opinion cables should be the last thing in a system to upgrade, as they only bring small changes.
This cable brings out a tiny bit more space and air in my IE-P350, which when used with the stock cable are quite warm and relaxed. This cable makes them a little more lively and engaging without making them sound too bright or analytical.
There is a little extra presence in the treble, with smoother, more refined lows. The lows are better separated and articulate, being also more precise.
Essentially this cable keeps the stock sound, and just adds a little more air and separation, better control and just a hint of extra presence in the treble.
Compared to the Linum BAX, this cable does sound a little warmer, the BAX has a brighter and more airy sound, but the sound isn't as natural as it is with the Forza.
Conclusion, well depending on your monitors and the sound you want this cable could be a very good option. The prices of Forza cables are very reasonable compared to some other brands, the quality is always excellent as if the service. And this cable will give you a little more space and refinement, with a tad more sparkle. It doesn't make the sound artificial or boost anything too much. A very subtle difference but an upgrade for my particular monitors. Also the build quality and warranty will make you rest easy knowing Forza are there if anything goes wrong, ergonomics and build quality alone probably warrant the purchase of this cable.
Sound Perfection Rating: 10/10 (comfy, well built and a little refinement in the sound department)